The Battery Conservancy
The Battery, New York City’s first waterfront park was created in 1693. Some 300 years later, private citizens established The Battery Conservancy to raise funds to transform the 25 acre landscape which had become dilapidated, downtrodden and overlooked as a sought-after destination.
Today it is the thriving green heart of dynamic Downtown New York. It is a model of conservation and biodiversity with vast public gardens, organic urban farms, toxin-free lawns and SeaGlass, the innovative aquarium carousel. It has set high standards in planning, design, construction and sustainable park management.